Skilled Marketing is a rogue browser extension, it acts like a browser hijacker. It will redirect your web searches to false searches, and change your browser settings, without your permission. It is highly likely that Skilled Marketing also collects your data.
That’s why deleting it from your system is important, in this article we will teach you how to remove Skilled Marketing from Chrome.
Table of Contents
Overview: What is Skilled Marketing
1) Name – Skilled Marketing Browser Extension
2) Type – Adware, Computer Virus
3) What Does it Do – Skilled Marketing browser extension change the browser settings, without informing the user. It also drives traffic to third-party web pages, by showing false results. And it is highly likely that it also collects users’ data.
4) Who You Use it – Skilled Marketing is used by companies and small businesses to get views and audiences on their web pages to increase their customer base. Skilled marketing helps them to wider their reach.
5) How it Gets Installed on Mac – Using Bundling Method – It is a method used by viruses to get into your computer. Basically, when you install something on your computer from third-party websites, this virus also gets installed into your computer. For example – If you have downloaded Adobe pirated version from an unverified website, this Skilled Marketing virus also got installed into your Mac.
6) How to Remove Skilled Marketing – You have to uninstall it from Mac and remove it from browsers like Chrome and Safari.
7) How to Avoid Getting Infected From Such System Virus – The only way to prevent your system from such viruses, is to avoid downloading from unverified sources. You should always download from verified sources like App Store, or from official websites.
How to Remove Skilled Marketing From Chrome?
1) First of all, You can open the chrome browser screen on your Mac system.
2) Then, You can click on the three dots icon that belongs to the top right corner of your browser screen.
3) From next, Go to More Tools.
4) Tap on Extensions.
5) Find Skilled Marketing Extension & Tap on Remove > Remove.
6) That’s it you have removed the browser extension.
Now, you have removed the browser extension of Skilled Marketing. However, you should also uninstall the files related to Skilled Marketing, to completely delete this extension from your system.
Related – Best Way to Disable Ads on Facebook
Remove Unwanted Ads of Skilled Marketing in Chrome
Skilled Marketing is adware aim is to earn money by showing you unwanted ads, these ads are highly distracting. So, If you are seeing unwanted ads on your Chrome browser, you can follow the below steps –
1) Firstly, You can launch the chrome browser screen on your Mac system.
2) Then, all you need to do is just click on the Three Dots icon that belongs to the top right corner of your chrome window.
3) Tap on Settings.
4) Now, tap on Privacy and Security > Site Setting.
5) And then you can simply scroll down on your browser page screen and tap on the Pop-ups and redirects option here.
6) From next, you can just select the “Don’t allow sites to send pop-ups and use redirects” option on your browser settings.
NOTE – For your information, this will perform to block all kinds of pop-up notifications that you have enabled on the browser. Basically, you won’t get pop-up notifications from websites.
Set Default Browser Setting After Uninstalling Skilled Marketing
As you know, Skilled Marketing changes your default browser settings to give you unwanted ads and redirect you to false web pages. That’s why after uninstalling Skilled Marketing you should change your browser settings, to your own settings or default settings.
1) Open Chrome on your Mac.
2) Right-click on the search bar.
3) Select Manage Search Engine & Site Search.
4) If you scroll down a bit, you’ll see a list of search engines.
5) Tap on the Three dots beside them, and choose a default search engine, for EX. Google.
6) You can also delete unwanted search engines, by clicking on the same three dots & tap on Delete.
Now, do this –
7) In the Settings tab only, go to Appearance.
8) Toggle ON – Show Home Button.
9) Select – New Tab Page.
This will change your settings to default so that no unwanted third-party websites open after launching the chrome browser.
Tips to Protect Your Mac from Skilled Marketing like Browser Hijackers
1) First of all, You can download apps and various kinds of files only from top verified sources like the App store or sites that are official. Avoid downloading from unverified third-party websites.
2) Delete any rogue and suspicious app or file from your Mac.
3) Keep your browser and MacOS updated to the latest version, as many times they give security updates in them.
4) Download an Anti-virus on your Mac
5) Uninstalled unused apps and suspicious apps on your Mac
These are the precautions you can take to avoid such scenarios in the future. I hope this article was relevant to you, thanks for reading!