Decarboxylation of cannabis is important before consumption. here is the best method to decarb your cannabis within seconds. you will not have to arrange anything special and it is completely beginner-friendly.
To learn how to decarb weed in the microwave | Main Process of decarboxylation in weed
If you will eat a handful of raw cannabis then what will happen? Well, the answer is strange but it will not affect your body. To feel the psychoactive effects of marijuana and cannabis you will have to do decarboxylation of raw marijuana. If you are a pro in this then you will surely know how good the decarboxylate marijuana will feel. Here is a complete guide for how to decarb weed in the microwave. If you are a beginner then follow these steps accurately. Otherwise, you can change a few of them according to your need.
What is decarboxylation?
If I try to say this in simple words then decarboxylation is a process in which we heat the cannabinoids and terpenes at a particular temperature. This heating will help in the activation process of the cannabis plant. You do not need to have specific knowledge of things for this. Also, you need to have a microwave for this process. Also, you should know how to use a microwave. These ones are for the newbies in this field.
The heat will convert the inactive compounds into a carboxyl group (COOH). The carboxyl affects the body directly. And affect our nervous system which in turn provides the psychoactive cannabinoid effect.
Decarboxylation is a necessary process, but why is it a necessity?
- The foremost reason is that decarboxylation weed is very expensive. You can easily decan at home but the readymade decarboxylation cannabis is extremely expensive. It is because people think that the process can not be done at home.
- Use less and enjoy the long-lasting effects.
- Know your limit. Everyone has a maximum limit to keeping the decarbed cannabis in the body. This will help you to explore your limits.
- You will have the most genuine product, there will be no chance of any kind of fakeness. We can not be sure that the readymade decarb cannabis is decarbed. Hence you will have the most genuine product.
What are THC and CBD?
THC is the main compound in cannabis plants that is responsible for psychoactive activities. This is the compound that we will need to activate during the decarboxylation process. CHC is the other compound found in cannabis buds. This is extracted from raw cannabis. This is used to make oils, gummies, and supplements. There is a difference between the temperature for the decarbing of both THC and CHC.
Microwave process of decarboxylation
Those who are new to this remember that the minimum time is 45 seconds for this process. Some people do it for 2 minutes which is not good and only 45 seconds will be enough for this process. Use your most trusted microwave for this process. Because continuous heating is necessary and it should not turn off in between.
- First of all, You can grind the cannabis into small consistency.
- Put the grinded cannabis into the microwave-safe container.
- Put the microwave at the highest temperature and leave it for 90 seconds.
- Take out the box and smell it. Is it pungent? It is important that you put it back in the microwave for another 90 seconds if this isn’t the case.
People did this to the oven before but nowadays people prefer decarb weed in the microwave. If you are a beginner then I will suggest you go with the low temperature and more time. This is the only way that will make sure that your cannabis will not burn. The advanced microwave has many different settings and many different features. So you will need to adjust all the settings according to your microwave model.
In the process of decarboxylation, there are some precautions to observe
Here is a set of a few precautions that you will need to take before the decarboxylation process.
- Take a microwave-safe container.
- Do not give cannabis a water bath before grinding.
- Use the best-dried cannabis for this purpose.
- The next thing is you can remove the heated cannabis on the appropriate parchment paper.
- Do not exceed the time limit if you are using the highest temperature otherwise, your cannabis will be burned in seconds.
The best temperature for the process
The best temperature for this process could be 240 Fahrenheit but the time that will be required in this process is 25 to 30 minutes. However, the above-mentioned method is very quick. You can do this within seconds if you have some experience and have a good microwave. But if you are a beginner and a little scared about doing this then go with this temperature and time. There will be no chance of any kind of mistake.
Sous vide method
Another famous method for the decarboxylation of cannabis is sous vide. This is a French cooking method. Nevertheless, it is a helpful process in the decarboxylation process of weed. If you want to decarb weed but do not have a microwave then this method will be perfect for you.
Following is a list of things that will be required in this process.
- Dry cannabis.
- Vacuum sealer (you can also use a zip lock bag).
- A pot filled with hot water
- Immersion circulator
- Fill the container and place it on the gas stove to heat the pot. Put the immersion circulator in it and heat it till it reaches 204 Fahrenheit.
- Grind the cannabis.
- Put the cannabis in a zip lock bag and make sure that the bag does not leak from anywhere.
- Remove the immersion circulator and put the zip lock bag into the water bath.
- Leave it at the same temperature for 90 minutes.
- Do not stir in between
- Remove the bag from the water bath and let it cool for at least 30 minutes.
You will need to keep the decarboxylated cannabis in an air-tight container. Do not let us soak a single drop of moisture. You can use a mason jar to keep your cannabis. The zip lock bag can be used again so it dry in the sunlight. It will be good to use for the next batch.
In conclusion, cannabis decarboxylation is important before consuming that. If you are using cannabis for the psychoactive compound the decarboxylation temperature will be different. If you are decarbing that for the oil and all then the temperature will be different. Hence booth the purpose are different and so is the temperature. The above methods are complete guides for how to decarb weed using this process with microwave and without a microwave. Both these processes work effectively. The chances of mistakes are high in the microwave process. You can go with the other method if you are a newbie.