As a matter of fact, Instagram is one of the most popular and in-use social media platforms. Because there are a lot of people that find it very interesting. And Instagram is continuously giving more and more updates to make it more interesting. But not every feature is liked by everyone. Auto swipe is one such feature of Instagram. Some people want to turn it off. Here is the guide for how to turn off auto swipe on Instagram.
Auto swipe is used in stores where you can automatically skip a story in a set duration. However, this can cause the users to miss a lot of content. So here is how you can turn this off in no time. and can get more hands on the content.
Table of Contents
What Is Auto Swipe On Instagram?
Stories on Instagram are set for a specific duration. But if your auto swipe is on then it will automatically take you to the next site. And if you turn this off then you can manually move on to the next story.
Hence it allows you a limited time to watch an Instagram story. So most of the time people miss many stories. Going back on a story requires effort. So it is not a universally like feature of Instagram.
Steps For How To Disable Auto Swipe on Instagram?
Here are the steps that you have to follow to disable this feature from Instagram. Follow these steps as it is and you will be able to turn it off. You can turn it on anytime and there is no other way to do this other than this.
- The first step in this process will be to upgrade your Instagram.
- Now you have to log in to your Instagram account with the right credentials.
- In the bottom right corner, you will see an option for the user’s profile. Tap on that option and visit your Instagram profile.
- As soon as you reach your profile in the top right corner you will see three dots. Tap on those dots and follow the option for ‘Settings and Privacy”.
- Now scroll down and tap on the option saying “Data usage and Media quality”. Tap on this option.
- here you will see an option for using lesser data or data saver. you need to find this option. but if you have an updated version then it will be visible as soon as you click on the above option.
- By turning this off you can stop the Suto swipe from your Instagram account and if you want to start using it again then you can easily turn this on. Both the turning on and off will happen through the same process.
Advantages of disabling the auto swipe option on Instagram
Here is the list of advantages that you will get to see by disabling the auto-swipe options.
Prevent Content Missing- When this feature is in use then you miss most of the content. Missing all this content will be uncontrollable. Because sometimes you will never know that you are missing the content with auto-skipping.
Content Appreciation- When you get more time to engage with the content you will appreciate the good content more. And the best thing is you can watch it as much time as you like.
Interactive engagement- There are many stories that you see with the quizzes and puzzles. These quizzes all can be of interest. So you get more time to engage in these types of activities. And if you like these activities then it will serve more benefits for you.
In conclusion, here is how to turn off auto swipe on Instagram. The step of this process is very easy. If you have basic knowledge about Instagram then you can turn off this feature very easily. This guide will help you in your every step to get this done. Because there are many benefits to turning off this feature.
If you are more engaged with social media then you should turn this off. Because only then you can engage with the content more deeply. Hope you all will find this helpful.