Here is how you can get down don’t the floor after a knee replacement surgery. You have to take extra precautions too. All of these are mentioned in this Knee replacement article and make sure that you give it a good read.
Table of Contents
How to get down on the floor after knee replacement surgery?
A knee replacement surgery cannot be performed in an easy or straightforward manner. If you have an accident then you might have this surgery early. But mostly this surgery happens in old age. Due to the difficulty in walking. But there are many cautions that you have to take after your total knee replacement. You can not sit and stand up from the floor in the old way. You have to find different ways to do this process on your own.
Here is the complete guide for how to get down on the floor after knee replacement.
You can take physical therapy for this. So that a professional can help you do this. But you can do this all by yourself too. All you need to do is only one thing that is prepare yourself for this. You might face severe knee pain in this process. So if you are doing this for the first time then make sure that someone is around you to help. because It is always most difficult to get it right the first time.
You will need a chair or a table for this process and make sure the table is not too high. And it should be placed firmly on the floor. It should not slip when you take its help to get up.
Steps to get down on the floor after knee replacement
Here are the steps that will help you to safely get down on the floor.
1) First of all, You can place the chair on the floor and make sure that the floor is not slippery. Now hold the other hands of the chairs with your hands.
2) Then, You have to get down on one knee first. Down your back first and then place one knee on the floor slowly. Do not hurry to do this.
3) Once you feel safe, fold the second knee too.
4) Now gently go further down and place one butt on the floor.
5) Do this with the other knee too.
6) After coming into this position you can change your sitting position. Or you can adjust the positions according to you.
If you are doing this for the first time then you have to do this very carefully. But after doing this for some time you will become habitual. Still, you have to take care of yourself. This is the only procedure that you should follow. You can also take help from some other person. Although it is advised to avoid sitting on the floor after the knee replacement surgery.
Preventions from any further injuries
You have to take some precautions before sitting on the floor. Because a small mistake can do serious damage to your knee. So here is the list of some precautions that you have to take to prevent any further knee injuries.
1) Make sure that the floor you are sitting on is clean. Do not sit on a rough surface. It should be plain.
2) Do not sit on the floor for a longer period. This will end up in severe knee pain.
3) Do not hurry while standing on the floor. Sit and stand up as slowly as possible. If you are a beginner then take help from someone.
4) If you are sitting for a longer time. Make sure that you change your position from time to time. This will help you in moving your knee. Otherwise, you will face difficulty in getting up.
These are all the necessary things that you should follow if you are getting down or getting up from the floor after having a knee replacement surgery.
In conclusion, here is how you can get done on the floor safely after a knee replacement surgery. All the precautions that you should take after the knee replacement is mentioned here. If you cannot figure out how to get down on the floor then take help from someone else. You can see your doctor or a physiotherapist for this purpose too. Because they will help you in folding in and out of your knee.