Xfinity router lights: what do they mean
In order to know the solution to this problem, we need to first know what do the lights on your Xfinity router indicate depending on their changed behaviors.
The lights show the current status of your device.
#1. On being online and connected to a stable internet connection your device will show a solid white light.
#2. If the device can’t connect to a stable internet then the light will be turned into a blinking green.
#3. Blue light shows an enabled WPS mode.
#4. Similarly, the light on your Xfinity router flashing orange can mean:
i) It is going through a firmware update. In that case, you’ll have to wait for at least 15 minutes.
ii) loose wires can be another reason for the device flashing orange.
iii) In addition, a service outage will cause it to flash orange.
How To Fix Xfinity Router Flashing Orange No internet Issue?
Whatever the case may be, you can check out the following steps to resolve the issue:
1) The first solution to your problem can always be rebooting your device, either with the Xfinity application or it can also be done manually.
If the issue gets resolved using the application, it’s great. If not, you can simply unplug the power cable from the device. Wait for 10-15 seconds. The cable should now be plugged back into the device.
This is one way of stopping the Xfinity router from blinking orange.
2) At times, loose cables can be a reason why the Xfinity router blinks an orange light. So, all you need to do is to check if all the cables are connected firmly to the correct port. In case you find any damage to the Wires then replace them.
After you clean near the device or move the device check whether the wires are intact or not.
3) Another reason for the router flashing orange can be due to a defective router or modem. They could have worn out with time or get defective due to other reasons which means they need to be replaced immediately for your router. Or modem to connect to the internet.
4) A problematic splitter should also be checked upon to resolve the problem. For checking if the splitter is the reason for the issue, just connect internet the cable to your router directly. If the flashing orange light goes away, it indicates that your splitter is defective or not working properly.
5) A service outage can also be responsible to make your router flash orange light as it affects the signal strength. So, wait until the stopping of the service outage. If it is the reason for your problem then the flashing orange light should go.