Suppose you are a car lover and have multiple cars. And now the garage space is becoming short for those cars. Then, You are at the proper place to know about the stacker trailer. It is a new space-adjusting feature for the garage. Here you can stock your cars one above the other in a small area. Here is the guide for what is a stacker trailer and how to use it. It is best for those people who have limited space and more than one vehicle.
You can easily adjust your motorbikes, cycles, and other stuff in one garage. But remember not every stacker trailer is fit for you. There are various factors that you have to consider before buying a stacker trailer.
This article will discuss a stacker trailer, such as those sold by Millennium Trailers (https://www.milltrailers.com/stacker-trailer), how to use it, and some tips on choosing the best stacker trailer for your specific needs.
Table of Contents
How Does a Stacker Trailer Work?
A Hydraulic Lift system is installed in the stacker trailer. This helps in lifting the vehicle to a height. You can adjust the hydraulic lift height with the help of a motor or a battery. Depending on your car size weight and all the heights can be adjusted easily.
You have to load the lower car on the platform with the help of a winch. Now uplift the car but make sure that the above car is getting enough space. By using another you can lay the upper car into the platform. Finally, you secure both cars with tie-downs and straps, ensuring the stability and balance of your vehicle on the top floor.
Benefits of Using a Stacker Trailer
There are a lot of different benefits of using a stacker trailer. Here are some of the benefits:
- Versatility– You can not use this for the cars. But you can use this for your other vehicle as well. Also, you can customize the number of platforms according to your use.
- Enhanced Security– This stacker trailer comes with tie-downs, straps, and locks. Hence provides security from rough weather and theft.
- Durability– Stackers are made from steel or aluminum. Hence they are made to bear weights. So they can run for a long time.
- Convenience– They provide great comfort as more than one vehicle can stand in one garage. And you can use every inch of your garage effectively.
How to Choose the Best Stacker Trailer for Your Needs?
You have to consider a lot of factors before choosing the right stacker trailer for yourself.
- The size and number of cars you want to transport
- The type and condition of your tow vehicle
- The budget and quality you are looking for
- The features and options you prefer
- The availability and accessibility of service and support
Some main focused factors in choosing a stacker trailer are:
- The length and width of the trailer
- The height and weight capacity of the lift system
- The type and size of the axles, tires, brakes, suspension, and hitch
- The material and construction of the frame, walls, roof, floor, and doors
- The electrical and hydraulic systems
- The interior layout and interior design
- The exterior appearance and finish
You should not just look at one place before buying a stacker trailer. You have to check both online and offline. Make sure that you go to more than one shop. And compare the price quality and other things. This way you can exclude the obvious ones.
How to Troubleshoot Common Problems with a Stacker Trailer?
Like any other thing, a stacker trailer can have some problems too. To know these better you should understand the problems that you can face in advance. Here are those problems.
This is the condition where your vehicle starts to move uncontrollably from side to side. It can be caused by improper loading, uneven weight distribution, high wind speed, or sudden braking or steering.
You can prevent this in the following ways.
- Make sure to put equal-weight vehicles on both sides and secure them with tie-downs.
- Drive at a moderate speed and avoid sudden braking as it causes damage.
- Use weight distribution hotch to distribute the equal weights.
- Adjust the total weights of the trailer and its content with the downforce that the trailer applies on the hitch.
These brakes are to stop the trailer. But they ensure that it happens smoothly. Also, they can made from hydraulic, electric, or surge.
In electric brakes, there is a brake controller that controls the function of a brake. Hydraulic brakes work based on the pressure that they receive from the trailer. So a hydraulic actuator manages the surge breaks. By the momentum that it shares with the trailer.
Here is how you can maintain a trailer brakes:
- Break fluid should be on the desired level. So always keep an eye on the brake fluid and refill the brake fluid on time.
- Break pads and rotors have a great effect on the brakes. So if there is any wear and tear then you have to replace them.
- Keep an eye on the brake wiring. Any slight damage in the wiring will damage the whole braking system.
- Adjust the brake setting according to the weights of your trailer and the road.
Tires are one of those things that deal with all the weights and the stress in the starter trailer. Hence the chances of a blowout increase.
So here is how you can protect these:
- Check your tire pressure regularly and inflate them to the recommended level.
- Check your tire tread depth regularly and replace them when they reach 2/32 of an inch or less.
- Check your tire sidewalls for cracks, bulges, or cuts, and replace them if damaged.
- Rotate your tires every 5,000 to 10,000 miles to ensure even wear.
In conclusion, here is what is a stacker trailer and how to use it. It is useful in so many different ways. So you can use this in your garage to make good use of your pace.
And can fill your garage with multiple vehicles. these are not only for cars. But you can place your other small and big vehicles as well.