Since we have moved to our virtual world, anybody can see our locations. However, there are times, when we don’t want to share our locations with anyone. Read this post to know How to Stop Sharing Location Without Them Knowing.
Although there are many ways to stop sharing location, the best one is to turn on Airplane Mode.
By turning on aeroplane mode you have blocked network connectivity, which means tracking you will be slightly harder.
You can do this by simply going to the control centre in iPhone and the Notification bar in Android. You will see the Airplane-like icon, you can tap there to turn it On & Off.
Here are our 5 Ways to Stop Sharing Location Without Them Knowing
- Turn On Airplane Mode.
- Then, Turn ‘Find My iPhone’ or ‘Find My Device’ Off.
- If you don’t want a specific person to see your location, you can turn off the ‘Share My Location’ option.
- Use Any Third-Party App to Fake Your Location.
- Deny Location Permission for Apps.
Table of Contents
5 Ways to Stop Sharing Location Without Them Knowing
#1. Turn on Airplane Mode is the best choice
Just go to your iPhone’s Control Center and turn On that Airplane-like icon.
Similarly in Android, go to Notification Center and turn On that Airplane-like icon. Else, you go to settings in your phone and search for aeroplane mode.
So this will block connectivity. So that no one can access your location or phone call you. However, many apps will remember your last location before turning aeroplane mode on, the apps will show that.
#2. Turn ‘Find My iPhone’ or ‘Find My Device’ Off
Find My iPhone is a feature in iPhone, that helps you track your device if you lost it from other devices.
So, if this feature is turned on, then your friends and family can know where your device is, however, it’s a bit technical and they will require your Apple ID password to track.
If you want to turn off ‘Find My iPhone, you can navigate like this –
Go to Settings > Then, Search Find My iPhone > Turn it OFF by entering your Apple ID Password.
In Android, this feature is called ‘Find My Device’, so if your Android phone has this feature, you can easily navigate –
Go to Settings > Then, Search Find My Device > Turn it OFF by entering your ID Password.
#3. Turn Off ‘Share My Location
This specific step is about iOS users, as there are many apps that have access to your location, like Snapchat. This option helps you to ‘un-share’ your location on a specific app or from all apps.
Following the above steps, you can able to stop sharing your location without getting into any trouble on your end.
- First of all, on your favourite iPhone or iPad devices, go to the ‘Settings‘ section.
- Then scroll down, look for the ‘Privacy‘ Tab, and Tap on it.
- In Privacy Tab, you’ll get the option ‘Location Services‘
- Here you’ll get a list of all apps, accessing your location. Whichever you want to restrict, tap on the app’s name, and turn Off the location service of the app.
- To disable location service for all apps, click on ‘Share My Location‘ and tap on Off it sliding that green button.
As you have restricted apps from using your location, many of the features from these will be inaccessible.
Like, after disabling the location of the Map App, you wouldn’t get the GPS Facility of the Map App. However, you can enable it any time following the above steps.
#4. Use Third-Party App to Fake Your Location
If you want to spoof your location or fake it, then using a Third-Party app will definitely help you.
These apps are helpful if you want to take a screenshot and share it with your friend, faking that you’re in a different location.
Here are 4 Apps to Fake Your Location –
- Mock GPS with Joy Stick
- Fake GPS
- GPS Spoofer – Professional Software to Fake Your Location
- GPS Emulator
Install the apps, and spoof your location, to send it to your friends!
#5. Change iOS Device’s Location
If you are an Apple Fan, and usually has multiple Apple Device, this step is for you.
In Apple Devices, you can change the location of your multiple apple devices, if they are under the same Apple ID.
So how does this work – Suppose you carry your iPhone with you at college, but your iPad is at home. Then, you can change your Apple ID location to iPad, so if you’re sharing a location with someone, they won’t get your real-time location.
Follow the Steps –
- On your iPad, go to ‘Settings’
- Then, Tap on your Apple ID. (Your Name Appearing on Settings)
- Then, Go to ‘Find My’, From the listed options.
- Finally, all you need to do is just tap on – ‘Use this iPad as My Location’ here.
Ensure that you are logged in with the same Apple ID on this iPad so that your location is set to that location.
Conclusion – How to Stop Sharing Location Without Them Knowing
In this ever-increasing virtual space, securing our privacy is important. Many Tech Brands, provide these services but we the end consumer, most of the time unaware of it. This blog post tried to provide every possible solution to stop sharing your location, with relevant steps.
We hope this blog helps…
Thanks For Reading!