Periodontal disease is one of the common dental issues that affects the gums. We will know in detail how to reverse Periodontal disease naturally. Also, the natural ways to cure this gum problem which is affecting so many people.
Table of Contents
How Does Periodontal Disease Affect?
It is a condition of inflammation of gums, and bones which supports our teeth. This Periodontal disease is caused due to the build-up of plaque and bacteria in the mouth. Resulting due to bad oral hygiene. Other symptoms are bleeding gums, loose tooth decay, and tooth loss sometimes. That causes pain and discomfort to the people suffering from this dental disease.
7 Tips For How To Reverse Periodontal Disease Naturally
As I told you already, periodontal disease is one of the dental issues problems. If you don’t fix it, it will affect the gums. So here we provide the top seven tips that help to reverse periodontal disease naturally without getting into any trouble on your end. Here we will see all the tips one by one.
#1. Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree oil contains anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. It is used to treat Periodontal disease naturally.
- It may be directly applied to the gums with a cotton swab or, used as a mouth rinse.
- To make it as a mouthwash, mix 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil with 8 ounces of warm water.
- Use this mouthwash to rinse your mouth several times a day.
#2. Salt Water Rinse
It is an easy home remedy to cure gum disease. Salt water rinse reduces the inflammation and irritation of the gums. Also, reduces bacterial levels in the mouth, helping to reduce bad breath and the bleeding of gums.
- To make a saltwater rinse take 1 teaspoon of salt and a cup of warm water.
- Use this rinse several times per day.
#3. Oil Pulling
It is an old remedy, used for centuries to treat so many diseases including gum diseases.
- In this Ayurvedic remedy, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, like coconut or, sesame oil is used for the swishing and swirling process.
- For 15-20 minutes in the mouth, remove it when spat out after doing the oil-pulling procedure.
#4. Turmeric Paste To Reverse Periodontal Disease Naturally
Turmeric paste is one of the old natural remedies. It involves turmeric and water paste, applied to the affected gums or, teeth with a cotton swab. The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, which has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. As well as antibiotic properties that help to reduce inflammation and harmful bacteria in the mouth. This remedy can be applied several times to the affected area.
#5. Aloe Vera Mouth Rinse
It is an effective treatment to reverse gum disease like Periodontal disease naturally. Aloe vera has the property of anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial. To make aloe vera mouth rinse, take 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel with 8 ounces of warm water. Then rinse with it in your mouth several times per day. This rinse reduces the inflammation and kills the bacteria in the mouth having Periodontal disease.
#6. Hydrogen Peroxide
It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties, that kill the bacteria present in the affected gums.
- To make a mouthwash of it, dilute 3% hydrogen peroxide with equal parts of water.
- Then use this mouthwash several times to your mouth per day.
#7. Sage Mouthwash
It is also a traditional and effective remedy to reverse the gum disease. Sage has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce such gum problems.
- To make a sage mouthwash, mix 1 teaspoon of dried sage leaves with a cup of water.
- Then swish the mixture to your mouth for a few minutes per day.
Other Oral Health Tips
- Take a vitamin C supplement diet, as it improves the health of your gums; such as oranges.
- Brush your teeth twice daily with a soft-bristled toothbrush and toothpaste having fluoride. That helps to remove dental plaque and bacteria.
- Do flossing daily, which removes trapped food particles and plaque within the teeth.
- Avoid smoking and tobacco products, which are the also cause of gum diseases.
- Eat a healthy diet and visit your dentist for a routine check-up.
Hope these natural remedies will be helpful to you if you are facing such Periodontal disease. These remedies help to reverse Periodontal disease naturally. But do not forget to consult your dentist. To get appropriate professional guidance. However, you may follow these easy natural remedies if facing such gum disease.