As a matter of fact, 315 MHZ RF is used in the telecontrol because it has many benefits. So its use is increasing day by day. It is easier to use than the traditional wired ones. But you need a strong antenna to receive signals. Otherwise, it will not work. If you buy this antenna from the market then you will find them overpriced. You can easily build one at home. Here is the guide for How to make a 315 MHz RF Antenna. It is a simple process.
Even if you are a beginner you can make this all by yourself. All you have to do is follow the right steps and use the right components.
Table of Contents
Why 315 MHz RF Antenna Preferred Over Traditional Wired Methods?
The 315 MHZ RF is based on a control system. Because it has several benefits. And if you will compare it with the wired methods then you will see some obvious differences.
- One of the key benefits is it has low magnetic costs. The wired methods need continuous monitoring and they require a lot of care.
- Another benefit is site flexibility. You can use this system according to your use. Hence it is very flexible to use. While the wired one is very rigid.
- It is more cost-efficient than the wired ones. The wires used in the engine control are high quality and the cost of the wire and the replacement cost is very high for those.
Uses Of 315 MHz RF Antenna
Here is a list of some common things that can only happen with the help of this system. These things make your daily life easy. And if you’re using these things for a long time. Hence you will become habitual and you will install these in this system.
Here are the common places, where the system can be used.
- Home Car Safety System
- Garage Control
- Remote Control Toys
- Remote Control fan
Things Required To Build the 315 MHz RF Antenna
Here is the list of things that you will require to build the antenna. Make sure to arrange these things before getting started with your work.
- 315 MHz RF transmitter or receiver module
- Coaxial cable (RG-58 or RG-174)
- Soldering iron and solder
- Wire cutter/stripper
- A Pair of scissors
- Heat shrink tubing
- A small piece of PVC or plastic pipe
You may find some of these at the house. But you have to buy some parts from the market.
Steps To Make a 315 MHz RF Antenna
Here are the steps that you have to follow to build this antenna. So make sure that you follow the steps as it is.
- First, you have to set the transmitter to your desired frequency. Otherwise, it will not work.
- Of length 238mm. However, it is advised to take the wire a much longer length. Because you can cut this wire in the later parts.
- Now for this step cut two coaxial cables of equal size. Here do the same with lenght.
- Strip the outer insulation of both coaxial cables to expose the inner core and shield. You’ll need about 1-2 cm of exposed core and shield.
- Solder the inner core of one coaxial cable to the inner core of the other cable. Ensure a secure connection and use heat shrink tubing to insulate and protect the joint.
- Now connect both shields. Make sure to secure the end with the help of a tap. Otherwise, you will receive a shock from this joint. And it is unsafe to use it this way.
- Now to make it stand straight. Attach it with a pipe. Make sure to use a plastic pipe. It will also prevent you from potential shocks.
- Now for the last step, you have to test your antenna.
If the arena is not working, examine the joints more carefully. Because the only chance of it not working is loose joints. These are all the steps that you have to do in this process. It is very easy and you can do this at home. Make sure to take all the preventive measures.
In conclusion, here is a step-by-step guide for how to make a 315 MHz RF antenna. All the steps required in this process are mentioned here in detail. All you have to do is arrange all the stuff and then follow these steps. Beginners can do this very easily.
This guide will serve as the ultimate guide for making this antenna. It is very important because you can do a lot of different stuff with the help of his antenna. So make sure that you assemble this correctly. One wrong step will ruin the whole process. Hope you all will find this helpful.