Losing a job is a nightmare for a common man especially when there is a hearing. But an employee should possess all the skills to beat a disciplinary hearing.
What is a Disciplinary Hearing?
Disciplinary hearings are formal meeting that takes place to decide a certain matter. Usually, it is against a worker who is under the acquisition of disobeying the company’s policies.
When an employee fails to obey the rules or policies of an organization, it leads to loss for the company. Thus, the managers or the people who are up in the hierarchy come together to take action. If the claims are strong and have enough evidence, it can lead to the termination of the employee.
When you work in an organization, being in such a situation is always stressful. It mounts you with a certain amount of inevitability in your mind about the future. This can also lead to loss of job and pay. Sometimes fines, and in certain scenarios, also imprisonment.
What situations can lead to a disciplinary hearing against you?
The following situations can well be the reason for a disciplinary hearing against you.
- When you break a rule or a number of rules regarding your process.
- When you disobey the policies withstood by your company.
- When you mistreat other employees.
- When you abuse someone from the office.
- When you don’t perform your duties in a decent manner.
- When you don’t let other people perform their duties.
- When you harm any person in the company.
- When you break or compromise any assets of your company.
- When you dishonour the company or employees with words or actions.
- When you molest or harass any individual in the organization.
- When you dishonour the client or process you work for.
- When you take uninformed leaves or do not show up to work.
These were a few situations which can lead to a disciplinary hearing. Also according to your company profile or rules, there could be a number of reasons.
To Learn How can you beat disciplinary hearings?
Firstly you will require a number of skills and have to follow the following steps. Following these steps should easily help you beat disciplinary hearings.
#1. Stay calm-
If you have not done anything wrong, there is nothing to worry about. Therefore, you can try to stay calm as much as possible. Staying calm will help you to assess the situation better and you can then answer accordingly.
In case you did something wrong, still staying calm will be your number one option. The thing has already been done. So there is nothing to panic about. Assess the situation and do not Panic. The company needs employees as much as you need the job.
#2. Let the people in the meeting ask you questions and answer them with honesty
The employment act states that in case you did something wrong, you should still get a chance to improvise. So the members in the hearing have to understand your situation and then give you a chance. It is subject to certain limits, but if you have not done something terribly wrong, you might still do fine.
Answer every question honestly and play smart. Answer the questions and let them believe that this was the only possible way to deal.
#3. Try to corner the situation and convince yourself that it was the only way to deal
Trying to explain the situation is very complex. Try to tell the people in the meeting that what you did was the only way. This idea works almost every time until you have molested a fellow.
Explain the scenario with as many details as possible to make your case convincing.
#4. Accept your mistake and apologize for the misconduct with a promise to not repeat
In case you know that you have done something terribly wrong, apologies. Trust me there is nothing wrong with apologizing. It actually gives a sense that you take responsibility for your mistakes. This generates a sense of maturity and belief in you.
Simply apologize and promise not to repeat the same thing again. This should help you get another chance and continue working. This will also save your job and termination. Trust me, there are a number of people searching for a job, but you are lucky to have one. help you beat disciplinary hearing
So, You can follow the above tips properly that help to beat disciplinary hearings without getting into any trouble.
What can result after disciplinary hearings?
A disciplinary hearing can result in various outcomes.
- The employee can see a permanent termination of his services. This could be immediate or with a notice period.
- The employee might have to face a fine from his or her pay. These fines almost take more than 50% of the month’s salary.
- At least a warning letter can be issued against the employee.
- The employee can see a suspension of his or her services.
- The employee will not be eligible for any allowances or bonuses. This thing could lift in a few months or a maximum of a year.