How to Reset/Deactivate your Kik Account
In fact, Kik offers there are two ways to deactivate your own account.
1) Temporary Deactivation – Here you can able to deactivate your Kik account. But in case if you change your mood and want to use this account again, then you can reactivate your account again for any time.
2) Permanent Deactivation – Once reactivate using this option then you will no more to use this same account again. if you need to use Kik account again, then you will register newly.
If you decide to reset your Kik account, then make sure to backup your database before resetting. Notably if you reset your account, you will lose all your user data.
How to Temporary Deactivation for your Kik Account?
1) Firstly, open your Kik application on your android/iphone.
2) Then after click on “settings” icon from the upper right/left corner.
3) Now from the settings you can select “Your Account” option.
4) From your account, click the “Log Out” your Kik application first.
5) Then open your web or mobile browser and paste this url “https://ws.kik.com/deactivate” and click enter.
6) After putting your Kik deactivate account email address here.
7) Next, click the “Go!” button.
8) You will receive a deactivation email to your registered Gmail address.
9) By confirming that link from your Email, you will be redirected to the deactivation page, or else go to your Email account and find this deactivate mail as well as click the “Deactivate” button here.
10) Hereafter it will show the feedback window here. Then you can just fill the appropriate details and proceed to this temporary deactivation.
How to Permanent Deactivation for your Kik Account?
1) Likewise, you can open your Kik app on your mobile phone first.
2) Hereafter click the “settings icon” from the top upper left or right corner.
3) Then you can find and select the “Your Account” option here.
4) Afterwards you can choose the “Log Out” link here. That’s it. In further steps you can do it on your phone or web browser.
5) Next, you can just paste this below permanent deactivation URL.
6) Then new window open here. Moreover, you can fill the username, email and choose the reason for this drop down box why you are leaving in Kik.
7) Afterwards, if you want to provide any additional information then you can put this into “Additional info...” field. Notably, this field is not mandatory.
8) After all click the confirmation check mark here and finally, make sure once for your all information’s then click the “Go!” button.
9) Then you will receive a deactivation email to your registered Email address.
10) For this email, you can click the “Permanently Deactivate” button.
10) By confirming that link from your Email, you will be redirected to the deactivation page.
11) After all doing this then you will get finally the “Account Permanently Deactivated” message on their deactivation page.
If you want to fresh start for your Kik application?
First up all, uninstall the Kik app and install it again. After that open your Kik app again. click on sign up. Then provide your Email address(Of course You can use your previous Email address). After that you can verify your Email, using the activation link from your Email inbox.
And finally enter the new user name and new password which you want to use.