WhatsApp has become an important app to manage our social life. Whether someone texts, calls you, or checks your About section, they first see your DP (Display Picture).
You will often see that your DP looks blurry and low resolution after uploading it on WhatsApp. We have a solution for you!
Table of Contents
3 Methods: How to Upload WhatsApp DP Without Losing Quality
- Save Images in PNG Format (It is a lossless format)
- Crop Photo as per WhatsApp Resolution – 500 x 500
- Compress the image using compressnow.com
How to Upload WhatsApp DP Without Losing Quality?
To ensure quick loading and faster image transmission, WhatsApp uses a compression algorithm that compresses the quality of the image. This may result in low-resolution photos, to avoid this, follow the below methods.
Method1 – Save the Image in PNG Format
PNG format helps retain the quality of the image even after compression. If your images are saved in JPEG or any other format, try saving them in PNG instead.
Here is how we can do this:-
- First of all, You can go to freeconvert.com/png-converter
- Then, Tap on Choose File> From Device (select where you have stored the image)
- After uploading the image, tap on Convert.
- Lastly, after converting the image tap on Download
The reason we used the FreeConvert tool in this article is it will delete your uploaded photos after 8 hours. So you don’t have to worry about your privacy.
Method 2 – Crop Photo As Per WhatsApp Resolution – 500 x 500
To mitigate the effects of compression, crop your WhatsApp DP to the optimal resolution. For WhatsApp DP, sizes 500 x 500 square photos are considered optimal.
Crop out your photo into optimal resolution, here is how you can do so:
- Go to canva.com or download the Canva app from the App Store or the Play Store.
- On Canva, tap on Create a design > Custom design > set height and width to 500 x 500.
- Now, Upload your photo by tapping on Upload > Share > Download.
For best results, save your image as PNG.
Method 3 – Compress Your Image Manually
If your image is large, the WhatsApp algorithm will surely compress your image for quick loading. However, you can avoid this by decreasing the size of your image by manually compressing it.
In this way, you won’t lose the quality of your image
Here is how you can compress your image without losing its quality.
- Go to compressnow.com.
- Tap on Upload to upload your images
- You will see a compression level, where you can select a percentage for compression. For light and optimal compression 19-20% is good, for heavy compression, you can select 40 – 45%.
- However, going further may result in a decrease in quality.
- Tap on compress and download the image.
Here is how to upload WhatsApp DP without losing quality, we hope you found this one helpful. If you have more questions, you can refer to our FAQs section, where we have answered some of the common questions related to WhatsApp DP.
FAQs – How to Upload WhatsApp DP Without Losing Quality
#1. How to Increase WhatsApp DP Quality
To increase your image quality, you can use the following AI tools –
These are some of the tools for upscaling image quality.
#2. Best Method to Upload WhatsApp DP Without Losing Quality
The best method to upload WhatsApp in high resolution would be using PNG format in 500 x 500 resolution (height and width). You can use a free online photo editing tool Canva, where you can select photo resolution (500×500) and download it in PNG format.
#3. How to Send High-Quality Images on WhatsApp
In WhatsApp new update, you have the option to select a resolution for images before sending. Select HD from the upper left corner beside cropping, text, and other options, before uploading an image.
That’s it for this article, thanks for reading!